Paramjeet Singh Bombra is an award-winning and internationally acclaimedchef par excellence. Creative and strategically driven, he brings all round capabilities and elegance to managing all aspects of hospitality operations, right from the design and opening of a restaurant to the menu, cooking, guest service, culinary experience and food photography.
From very young, Paramjeet was a highly energetic child. An early interest in culinary was sparked by accident, but went on to become a passion. In this, he was actively supported and encouraged by his family, including his grandmother who passed on traditional recipes and closely held secrets to him! These in turn have led him to be specialized in Indian curries and contemporary Kebabs.
Values, Ideas and Passion
Paramjeet deeply believes in following his mentor’s principles of cooking with the heart and not just the hands. His every dish is a signature in itself where the best and choicest of ingredients amalgamate with skill and devotion to deliver an authentic dining experience.
Simultaneously, his innate interest and latent curiosity in developing and delivering new methods have ensured that he has involved himself with every aspect of the culinary operation from a commercial perspective. He thus brings rich experience in all aspects of hospitality, such as setting up the new restaurants, new resorts kitchens and hotel preopening, menu planning, HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point), staff training, and food photography.
For his skills and talent, Paramjeet has been felicitated and recognized over the years from prestigious quarters. What distinguishes him is the rare ability to innovate effectively, without losing the sense of purpose or focus, and communicate the vision to the team. With inspirational passion, he is able to get the best out of every member of his team and help all fly higher and touch the limits of possibilities.
Paramjeet is also a proud member of various culinary associations and bodies from around the world, including WACS (World Association of Chef’s Society), IFCA (Indian Federation of Culinary Associations) and SICA (South Indian Culinary Association), amongst others. His vision is to bring the wholesomeness, innate specialities and goodness to a global platform and ensure that Indian cuisine is recognized globally from this perspective as well.
Paramjeet’s culinary passion has led him to continuously dole out memorable dining experiences, by serving food that combines traditional favourites with exciting flavours, original recipes with an expansive awareness!
Some of the awards and honours are highlighted below
- Awarded for being the Best Industrial Trainee of December 2007 in The Pride Hotel Pune
- Awarded for being the an Excellent Trainee in Pride Hotel Ahmedabad
- Received IFCA (Indian Federation of Culinary Association) Badge) from Dr.Saundararajan, Vice president of WACS (WorldAssociation of Chef’sSocieties) and Corporate Chef of Club Mahindra Resorts (India).
- Awarded bravo certificate by Radisson Blu hotel Cebu (Philippines) for Indian food Promotion.
- Best Employee of the pre-opening team in the month of December 2013 Club Mahindra Jaisalmer.
- Awarded Gold Medal in Asian Live Cooking and Authentic Indian Regional Cuisine Display Category in South Indian Culinary Challenge 2014 From Chef Muray Dick Continental Director (WACS) –Pacific Rim , Chef Thomas A .Gugler Continental Director (WACS) –Africa & Middle East , Chef Manjeet Singh Gill – President IFCA ,Dr. Chef P. Soundararjan General Secretary –IFCA, Chef Jogesh Arora President SICA and Chef Sheetharam Prasaad General Secretary SICA
- Appreciation award for successfully organizing the International Chefs Day for two continuous years in Mahindra Resorts in 6th ICC (International Chefs Conference) 2015.
- Achieved certificate ofcompletion in the ‘Modern Culinary Techniques of High Production Kitchen &Sous Vide Process’in Electrolux Professional’s Kitchen Gurgaon (Haryana).
- Judged the Corporate Chef’s Competition held in Mumbai 2015.
- Received the Gold Medal in the Sous Chef Live Training Program.
- Certified Sous Chef From IFCA (Indian Federation of Culinary Association).
- Was the chef in charge when The Wharf Restaurant received, The Time Gide Award for ‘The Best Seafood Grill Restaurant in Casual Dinning’.
Presently, Paramjeet is heading The J.Hind (Progressive & Molecular Gastronomy Indian Cuisine Restaurant ) At Grand By GRT Chennai.